Friday, September 7, 2012

Christmas cards!!!

It's with a sense of shock that I realise that Christmas will be well and truly over in just four months. To that end I'm trying to NOT have that last minute rush making my cards - and have made an early start. With a bit of luck this will reduce my panic sessions at the end ....maybe.

A card making friend of mine does wonderful things with the commercial Christmas cards that she receives - and of course that got this paper scrooge thinking this year. For some commercial cards it's almost criminal to throw them out. So to that end here are my first offerings from my commercial card stash.
  
I fell in love with the summer Santa image - well that's what we have here in Australia in December. The sand is a 'sand glitter', the ocean is a torn up calendar page and the sky chalked. The thong (flip flop) is in the wrong place and I only put in one because (a) I only had one left and (b) these things never get lost together! The seagull is the negative from a punch


The three Wise Men are cut, and embossed with a stylus then raised with pop dots. The three Christmas trees were just cut out and raised.

Thanks for stopping by

1 comment: